QuickBooks error 15215 appears with the text “Unable to verify the digital signature”, This text comes when the user tries to download the payroll updates. Users may struggle with this issue as it halts the proceeding work. But, you don’t need to be worried any more. The post here covers every aspect of the issue. You are only required to be here till the completion of this task. So, now, without wasting any further moment, let’s get into and learn why the error appears on your system.
QuickBooks Error 15215 : Overview
QuickBooks software comes with various dynamic features. Payroll service is one among them. The user can easily tackle several tasks with the software. Intuit, the developer comes with new updates and releases to bring in more dynamicity to payroll. Hence, users try to install them and end up with the issue. It not only leads to slow performance of the system but many other issues as well. You may also be going through the same. So, try to troubleshoot it as soon as possible and get into the responsible factors to learn why the error appears on your desktop.
All Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Any of the causes pointed below can shape this kind of issue within the system. You must have to first identify the cause to move towards the troubleshooting part. Therefore, let’s get into it.
- QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Incorrect configuration within the Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Malware or virus can bring issues within the QuickBooks payroll files.
- Any kind of malicious activity can also lead to this problem.
- A third-party program is interfering with the updates.
So, these are the key factors responsible for the issue. You can now move below to understand how to identify the error from all other appearances within the QuickBooks desktop.
Pointers that help to Detect the QuickBooks Error 15215
The signs provided below will help the user to identify and diagnose the QuickBooks error 15215 in no time. Learn each sign to understand how the error impacts your system and its working procedure.
- You may have the text “Unable to verify the digital signature”
- Also, if the computer is not running properly.
- Some frequent crashes and freezes can also be another symptom.
- Active programs and files get stopped due to the issue.
- Inputs provided by the mouse and keyboard become unacceptable to the system.
Getting any of these signs might indicate to you about the issue. But, you don’t need to be worried as the next section will be based on troubleshooting. You can jump directly on it and learn the procedure to fix the issue.
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error 15215
Below is covering a full step-by-step troubleshooting guide. So, just move ahead and know the procedure.
Solution 1: Firewall should not Block QuickBooks
A firewall can block the QuickBooks payroll from proceeding further with the update procedure so, we try to block it from the steps provided below. Let’s move on and learn how you should conduct the solution to fix QuickBooks error code 15215.
- First of all, hit the Control Panel button.
- Now, head towards the System security.
- Once done, choose the Windows Firewall option.
- Make sure to click on the Large or Small icons.
- Hit the Windows Firewall.
- Thereafter, you need to click on the Advanced Settings button.
- Head towards the left panel and perform a right-click on the Inbound Rules.
- From there, choose the New Rule.
- Next, you need to opt for the Rule type.
- Choose the Port option now.
- Tap the Specific Local ports from the first set of radio buttons.
- You can use a comma symbol to separate the figures.
- Additionally, hit the Next button.
- Again, click Next.
- Then, put a mark on the tab named Allow the Connection.
- Click on the Network Type.
- Checkmark all the options and try to switch from one network to another.
- Now, hit the Next button.
- Do the same steps for Outbound rules too.
Also read – Quickbooks Sync Manager Error Solution
Solution 2: Restart MS Windows in Selective Startup
This is the next solution in which the user is supposed to restart the MS windows in selective startup.
- In the beginning, you need to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, just access the Run window.
- When it is opened, make sure to enter msconfig.
- Hit the OK button now.
- A new window titled the System Configuration Utility will be opened now.
- Make sure to allow the configuration.
- Thereafter, tap on the Selective Startup.
- Don’t do anything with Load Startup items if it is unchecked.
- Click on the Save button.
- Then, choose OK.
- Restart the computer now.
- After a successful restart, just tap on the QB desktop icon.
- Make sure to open the desktop to download the current tax table.
- Now, you need to again open the System Configuration window as we did earlier.
- Put a check on the option named Normal Startup box.
- Hit the OK button now.
- Restart the computer to save all these changes.
Solution 3: Verify Use TLS 1.0 Settings
In this solution, you need to examine a checkmark on TLS 1.0 and remove the same from TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. The steps below will help you to do the same.
- First of all, close the QuickBooks window.
- Now, try to access the Internet Explorer browser
- Then, choose tools.
- Thereafter, you need to tap on the Internet Options.
- Hit the Advanced option.
- Make sure to choose the Advanced Settings.
- Try to find out the TLS 1.0, TLS 1.2, and Use 1.1.
- Bring a tick mark beside the box named TLS 1.0
- The rest of them should be unchecked.
- Meanwhile, choose OK.
- After that, close the Internet Explorer Internet Options window.
- Now, restart the system.
- Verify if there is any update available or not.
So, these are the three solutions that will help you to fix the issue. Make sure to conduct them on your own with all the steps provided below. We hope that you like this article about the issue. You can comment below if there is anything left to be fixed.